Natural solutions for stains & mineral build up
It’s not the most pleasant of topics. But many of us have stains in the loo that we’ve either ignored and just put up with or tried countless things “guaranteed” to work to no avail. In this post I will show you and give you some instructions on how to get rid of those stains, hard water build up, lime and mineral build up (or whatever that is down at the base & in the bowl!). I will show you some other common toilet issues and natural Norwex solutions that can be used too.
I love the descaler and this is the product that will work its magic on your toilet stains!
Just so you know, it also…
- Leaves taps and drains clean and sparkling like new.
- Works on a variety of surfaces, including shower doors, shower curtains, shower stalls, bathtubs, sinks and drains.
- Works well on porcelain, ceramic tile, fibreglass, glass, stainless steel, aluminium,
vinyl and plastic.
- Removes mineral stains where water has consistently dripped on a surface.
- Removes water marks from glass and tiles where water has evaporated, leaving minerals to stain the surface.
- If used regularly, lime buildup can be avoided.
- It contains no aerosol propellants.
Steps to remove those stains…
1. Remove water (Hot tip to remove water out of the toilet bowl: flush 2L of water down the toilet quickly and then soak the rest up with a towel or enviro cloth)
2. Spray the Norwex Descaler generously- leave for at least 10 mins (you can also use this amazing product on shower screens, rust, limescale, soap scum, drains & more!)
The next step involves our Norwex foot stone! Yes you heard right! Of course it will be a separate one from the one you use on your feet (& it is pretty AMAZING on cracked heels) however some features as to why our foot stone is the best you’ll use is it is 100% pure pumice and doesn’t break away like other foot stones I have personally tried. It’s great to use on the toilet as it is stone on stone, it works VERY WELL at budging build up on the toilet, without scratching the enamel.
3. Use the AWESOME Norwex footstone and scrub away
4. Refill the loo & admire… Yay you!
5. Treat your hands with some of our hand cream (you deserve it & your hands will feel amazing)….
The Norwex Bathroom Cleaner
The Bathroom Cleaner is designed as an all purpose bathroom product (toilet, shower, tiles, bath tubs and sinks) and can be great for removing stains too. Its special formulation allows for deep penetration into surfaces, eliminating odour-causing bacteria and germs as well as dissolving rust stains, hard water scales and soap scum.
I love that it is…
- A thick, ultra-concentrated gel lingers on surfaces to penetrate deeply
- Has no APEs (alkyl phenol ethoxylates)
- Organic salts and citric acid replace strong corrosive acids
- Readily biodegradable
- Will not harm plumbing systems
Promise me you will reward yourself if you have to do this toilet cleaning job?!?! Try the hand cream… It really is amazing!!!
Norwex Hand Cream
Natural emollients from Grape Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and other botanicals penetrate deeply to soften and condition rough, dry hands. Vitamin E and Organic Aloe Vera help protect, nourish and moisturise. Formulated with all-natural, chemical-free ingredients, it penetrates deeply to nourish, moisturise and comfort skin, making your hands feel silky smooth and oh so touchable.
How to eliminate or reduce the likelihood of the build up or stains occurring again….
Add a magnet ball to the cistern! Yes true story.
Firstly the magnet ball is usually used in washing machines and dish washers as it prevents calcium (& lime) from building up in dishwashers and washing machines, resulting in softer water and requiring up to 70% less detergent. A more unconventional but recommended use for it is in toilet cisterns as it softens the water. There has been much feedback from people who have water that is quite hard or who get constant stains in the toilet, that it truly helps!
For example Sarah said, “I put one in mine, I have dam water on the toilet, I have to clean it at least once a month as it gets yucky, but my toilet bowl is still white (not like the old one that had a permanent brown stains) but I clean it once a month with blue diamond”.
AND you know what? Remember…
Your Norwex products come with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee and the magnet ball has a 5 year warranty too! I love that!! So you can try with confidence!!
Are you inspired???
If you are looking to purchase any of these products, simply head to my online store or click on the links highlighted above.
If you would like to ask me anything or get further help, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
“By Rachelle Potter”